Student Connector - Stellenbosch
Some of the phrases people use to describe you: the life of the party, a social butterfly, the people encyclopedia, a born storyteller. Your student-at-heart way is contagious. You encourage people to meet, get inspired and have fun. And you do all this, just by being you. As a true connector you turn our diverse culture of students into a cohesive community.
Your role is to open the door to the start of something beautiful – a new friendship, collaboration or unforgettable experience. You build relationships and partnerships. You create stories and adventures. You make everyone who steps through our doors feel like a part of The CampusKey family. You’re also a bit of a miracle worker and crisis manager. If an artist, photographer or DJ pulls out of an event last minute, all you have to do is scroll through your phone contacts (or your Facebook friends) to find an even better replacement.
Experience & Requirements
- University graduate with a 3-year degree in Marketing, Communications or related field;
- Social media experience;
- Event planning experience;
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills in English, Afrikaans and preferably a 3rd language;
- Must have a car and valid driver’s license;
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills;
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic, and empathy;
- Passion and understanding for young, energetic student communities;
- Passion and understanding for CampusKey vision and values;
- Excellent in computer skills (Microsoft Word and Excel, Canva, Adobe Spark).
Critical Competencies for Success
This describes you:
- Hard working;
- Born motivator;
- Life of the party;
- Young at heart;
- You love to introduce people and encourage them to meet;
- Explorer, you know your city and surroundings inside out. You are the first to know when a new place opens. You are in touch with what is hip and happening.
Credibility is earned at CampusKey through execution and getting things done. You are able to get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality. Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you. Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins. Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills. You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
There is no room for “I” at CampusKey. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve We. Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input. You are open to new and innovative solutions. You must present well and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments. You’re willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised. You love working with people!
Duties & Responsibilities
- CONNECT AND ENGAGE WITH STUDENTS:
- Work on community initiatives designed to develop connections between students;
- SOCIAL PLATFORM:
- Manage and be active on the CampusKey Community Network;
- Educate and encourage students to use Community Platform to explore greater CampusKey community and be able to find resources and instructions so as to realize a higher level of self-sufficiency;
- Plan and supervise educational, professional and personal development events based on students’ needs and requests;
- Assist with set-up and breakdown of events, including ordering food and beverages;
- Make posters for events;
- Supervise in-building events for compliance with the Student Community Guidelines and intercede or escalate issues as they arise;
- Obtain & prepare data analysis for events (determine success of events);
- Manage and plan the annual welcome programme for the students checking-in;
- COMMUNITY HARMONY:
- Implement the CampusKey community guidelines with goal of optimizing student experience;
- Resolve student complaints, issue fines and prepare recommendation for termination of accommodation when warranted;
- SOCIAL SPACE MANAGEMENT:
- Conduct quality-control building walk-throughs to note immediate issues, pre-empt potential future issues, and identify areas for improvement;
- Manage the Mentor Programme;
- Manage the Social Responsibility Outreach Projects;
- Manage, plan and execute the campus marketing strategy;
- Manage the local campus social channel and operate them within the brand guidelines;
- Create, collect and deliver digital content based on the marketing briefings;
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly progress reports on the community and identify areas for improvement.
What do we offer you?
- An amazing work place to come to everyday where you will form part of a great team environment with lots of positive energy and vibe;
- The opportunity to work at a dynamic, young, national and fast growing company who sets the tone for the student accommodation hospitality industry;
- Access to our facilities including gym and regular cool events;
- Besides all of the above, you will receive a market competitive salary and an annual discretionary bonus.
Are you in?
Great! Send us your resume and a short cover letter telling us why you were made for this role!
The Stellenbosch Connector position will be available from January 2019 for the duration until July 2019, with a possible extension thereof.