Community and Marketing Manager - Stellenbosch Central (HQ)
Some of the phrases people use to describe you: the life of the party, a social butterfly, the people encyclopedia, a born storyteller. Your student-at-heart way is contagious. You encourage people to meet, get inspired and have fun. And you do all this, just by being you. As a true community manager you turn our diverse culture of students across the country into a cohesive community.
Experience & Requirements
- University graduate with a 3-year degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
- 3-5 years of marketing experience in a medium to high growth company
- Highly creative and able to execute the unique vision for our communities and members
- Flexible and can adapt accordingly to newly formed organizations
- Keen attention to detail along with strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skillsExceptional organization skills and multi-tasking skillsStrong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit.
- CampusKey is growing quickly, meaning each employee will be given significant responsibility and autonomy. This will mean hard work, but will also mean much room for innovation in developing processes and/or programs that could benefit the company and create room for significant personal and career growth.
- Have the flexibility to think outside on the "box"We don't do everything the traditional way, and are always looking to innovate and push the envelope
- Ability to foresee and identify needs of the teamTakes an innovator and creators approach to any issues that may arisesA bit of a risk taker and idea generator
- Social media experience;
- Event planning experience;
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills in English, Afrikaans and preferably a 3rd language;
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic, and empathy;
- Passion and understanding for young, energetic student communities;
- Passion and understanding for CampusKey vision and values;
- Excellent in computer skills (Microsoft Word and Excel, Canva, Adobe Spark, Mailchimp);
Critical Competencies for Success
This describes you:
- Hard working;
- Born motivator;
- Young at heart;
- You understand people like the back of your hand;
- Uber creative;
- Explorer and risk taker.
Credibility is earned at CampusKey through execution and getting things done. You are able to get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality. Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you. Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins. Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills. You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
There is no room for “I” at CampusKey. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve We. Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input. You are open to new and innovative solutions. You must present well and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments. You’re willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised. You love working with people!
Duties & Responsibilities
- DRIVE OUR COMMUNITY STRATEGY
- DRIVE OUR CAMPUS MARKETING STRATEGY
What do we offer you?
- An amazing work place to come to everyday where you will form part of a great team environment with lots of positive energy and vibe;
- The opportunity to work at a dynamic, young, national and fast growing company who sets the tone for the student accommodation hospitality industry;
- Access to our facilities including gym and regular cool events;
- Besides all of the above, you will receive a market competitive salary and an annual discretionary bonus.
Are you in?
Great! Send us your resume and a short cover letter telling us why you were made for this role!